Church History

In 1929, Brother D L Welch came to Kosciusko and preached in the residence of Harvey and Ethel Jenkins (grandparents of Bro. Cecil Jenkins). Soon we needed more room, so   J W (Bill) and Ella Therrell (parents of Bro. J D Therrell) let people use their living room for church services. In the summer time we would build brush arbors for the services. Brother Earl Gambling held tent revivals during this time in 1932. In membership with the United Pentecostal Church Headquarters in St, Louis Mo. since July 15, 1946.

As the church movement began to grow, we moved the services to town. Mr. Willie Earl Burdine built a tabernacle and Brother James O. Casey was the first elected pastor of the church. Brother Elzy Hall assisted in preaching at this time.

As the church grew even greater, we had to consider a building for the church. Several of the men, Brother J D Therrell, Brother Jimmy Miller, Brother Charlie Ward, Brother John Ward, Brother Alvin Skelton and Brother J W Therrell went to Electric Mills, to purchase a building. They slept in a box car while they tore it down. They brought the lumber back to Kosciusko and cut some timber off of Bro. J W and Sister Jimmie Therrells property to build a church.

The church movement has remained at the orignal and now present location, except for a couple of years when the church building and property was sold to Cumberland Presbyterian Church. The congregation moved to the old Baptist Church on the hill just off the square. The church did not stay there very long. We then sold that building and bought back the original property where the church was first erected. The original structure was torn down and a new building erected in 1965.

The building was remodeled in 2000 and the parking lot was paved in 2002. More remodeling was done in 2010 in the kitchen and Sunday school class room area, along with the building of a new Fellowship Hall.

Former Pastors are:

    Rev. James O. Casey
        
    Rev. Jimmy Miller

    Rev. Buford Miller

    Rev. Brooks

    Rev. Hazel Sanders

    Rev. Jack Hodge

    Rev. Tom Marshall

    Rev. Jack Langston

    Rev. Boyett

    Rev. Robert LeFlure

    Rev. Ferdiand Schexnayder   1969 - 2000

    Rev. Doug Granger   2000 - April 2002

    Rev. Shannon Pennington   August 2002 - Present